When receiving proposals from agencies, clients are used to seeing the phrase “Cost Per Recruit” or CPR. But what does that really mean?
When bidding a project, an agency looks at the total number of respondents you will need to fill your study (home use test, focus groups, IDIs, etc.). Agencies present this as a Cost Per Recruit, or a “per person” cost that they will charge you for recruiting. Let’s say you need 10 people to fill a focus group, and an agency is quoting you a CPR of $100. That’s a total of $1,000 that you will be charged for filling that group.
The Product Insights difference?
Many agencies will charge you that full amount, even if only nine of the ten respondents show up the day of your research. At Product Insights, you are only charged for those respondents who show for your study. We believe it’s our job to get your respondents here, and we do this by building a relationship with them during the recruiting process. We treat them with respect from the very first phone call, we send reminders and we greet them as if they are old friends when they arrive. The truth is, by the time they show up for your research, they DO feel like old friends as we’ve taken the opportunity to interact with them multiple times. These steps help our clients to conduct better research.
We’ve been on your end of the research and understand how important it is to have the right consumer in your groups. To that end, we won’t ever just “fill a seat” for your project. We employ many methods that allow us to recruit in unconventional ways to find the right people for your research. We call it our “artisan approach to recruiting”. Because of our problem solving skills, we’ve been awarded and have successfully recruited many difficult, low incidence recruits. We love the challenge!
What does this mean for you, the client?
- Product Insights experiences higher than average show rates for our studies (98%+).
- Our respondents are primed and eager to participate by the time they walk through our door.
- We are able to recruit respondents who might not otherwise be inclined to participate in market research.
- We believe our respondents provide more depth in their responses, and that our clients have a more robust research experience with us.
- We take pride in finding the right respondent for your research. If you need help defining “Who” your target consumer is, we can help you with that too!
Contact Product Insights today to find out how we can help make your next project a success. We can be reached at email@example.com, toll-free at 1-877-688-4397, or 407-774-6165. We look forward to speaking with you!